Are your toenails thick and ugly? Do you have a strange looking growth on your skin? Are your feet itchy and red?
Skin and toenail problems are very common, but some people are either too embarrassed to see a doctor, or think they can handle the treatment themselves. There's no reason to continue to live your life in pain and discomfort; visit the experienced podiatrists at Fixing Feet Institute and we will get you on the road to recovery.
Toenail and Skin Treatment in Surprise
Don't waste your time and money trying tons of different over-the-counter medications and remedies. Make an appointment with Arizona's Fixing Feet Institute and let one of our doctors evaluate your condition. Our experienced podiatrists will be able to tell you what's wrong, judge the severity of the problem, and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you heal in the quickest, most efficient way possible.
We frequently treat skin problems of the feet and toenails, such as:
- Ingrown Toenails. This is a common condition, usually in the big toe, where a corner of the toenail grows into the foot's skin.
- Fungal Toenails. Depending on how far along the fungus growth is, you may have a yellow spot under the tip of your toenail, or you may have an entirely discolored and thickened toenail.
- Toenail Injuries. Injuries to the toenail will frequently happen when someone is especially active or plays a sport; however, simple events in everyday life can injure a toenail as well.
- Athlete's Foot. This is an infection of the feet caused by fungus that thrives in warm, moist areas.
- Skin Infection Cellulitis. Able to spread rapidly, this bacterial skin infection can become life-threatening very quickly. The skin appears swollen and red and feels hot and tender.
- Warts. Plantar warts are caused by a virus that enters the skin through small cuts and grows on the soles of the feet.
- Skin Rash. Rashes can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergies, sun exposure, and fungus.
- Skin Growths and Cancer. Many lumps and bumps found on the foot are not cancerous, but it is important to have them checked just to be safe. It's also important to know that it is possible to get skin cancer on your feet, so don't write off unusual moles or growths as unimportant.
- Dry Skin. As with rashes, dry skin can be caused by many different things, such as allergies, athlete's foot, poor footwear, diabetes, psoriasis, or thyroid malfunction. Dry feet can be a sign of a more serious condition, so do not ignore this symptom!
Contact the Experts Today!
Contact Our Toenail and Skin Condition Doctors
At Fixing Feet Institute, we've seen it all. You might be confused and frustrated with your skin or toenail issues, but you can rest assured that there's a good chance we've treated someone just like you before. We pride ourselves in making you feel comfortable and providing you with answers to your foot care questions.
If you're suffering from a skin or toenail condition, contact the Arizona foot doctors at Fixing Feet Institute in Surprise. To schedule an appointment, call us at (623) 584-5556 or e-mail us at appts[email protected].